Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 56: Hospital

On Saturday night, a friend and I went out to sample some whiskey.  We found one we liked and got a got a bottle of something similar to take back to his house to accompany our viewing of the first part of the Ken Burns Baseball documentary. 

I got sick and slept on the couch.  I've been sick from drinking before, but this was different.  My abdomen was tight and in great pain.  I managed to get a little sleep and woke up feeling a little better.  The next day I was not hungry at all.  I laid in bed trying figure out if I was just hungover, or if something more serious was going on.  My abdomen remained tight and painful.  I tried to get down a small dinner of chicken broth and a bite or two of bread.  That night, the pain returned with a vengeance and Cari and I went to the emergency room.



As I write these words I am about to reintroduce meat to my diet, one of the last steps to recovery.  I lost a lot of weight, and a lot of strength, but I am well enough to fly home to Denver, which I will do tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! It's been too long!! I'm sorry to hear about your hospital visit!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

    Miss you guys!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete