Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week 62 - Frozen Camera

I went out to go skiing with a fully-charged camera, and by the time I had shot the footage on this video, my battery was dead.  Extreme cold.  Who knew.



As I mentioned on the video - One thing everyone with a web presence needs to be paying attention to is how many people convert from just a passive viewer into a Facebook fan, Email subscriber or Twitter follower.  Over time, if a good number of people are doing that, a business, campaign, or organization can gain a healthy following.  This following becomes a renewable resource for them to reach out to again and again, helping them increase sales, donations, petitions signers, etc.

One of the best ways to do that is to add a homepage video to your website.  If the video is enrolling and really shows what your organization is about, it can leave a lasting impression on the viewer, and encourage people to keep up with you by joining one of your social media channels.

I am making these homepage videos now and if you would like more information, please email me and I'll show you what I'm talking about.  nathan dot havey at gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment