Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 1: Background

I am far from the first to try to get out of debt by 30.  In fact, as I was trying to get the blog name, I was shocked at the number of people who have tried something similar. 

As so often happens with the good names, the people that get them never use them.  Or they have stopped using them.  Regardless, there is no shortage of advice out there for 20 somethings who are looking to build a future on solid financial footing.

There is a book
There is a website
There is another website
There is an eHow article
Even Fox Business has advice

I can't really offer much in the way of advice that would add anything to the mix.  So you won't find that here.

What you will find here is a story that is happening now.  A story of one 28-year-old's mission to become debt free by his 30th Birthday, 80 weeks from today.

To do that, I will have to pay Citibank an average of $875 each week.  And at the moment, I don't have a job.  I have a bunch of random skills and talents, I have dedication and passion to spare, and I have zero money in savings.

So with that, I invite you to join me, as I beg, barter, and create financial freedom in any way I can.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan. Alysha's friend Lindsay Paulding here. I just watched your video and I think it's a great idea. Best of luck to you! I can't be of much help; I moved across the world to get away from debt Selling plasma is good for at least $60 (2580 Philippine pesos) a week. Or you could just declare bankruptcy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,

    Thanks for your comment! I'm not at bankruptcy just yet, but the plasma thing is not a bad idea. I'll put it on my list. You also gave me the opportunity to know that my debt is 2,580,000 Philippine pesos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck to you Nathan!!!!! I support ya on this and can't wait to see where this goes! I'll be watchin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Be SURE you read I Will Teach You to be Rich by Remit Sethi, and follow his blog at http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/

    Best financial advice out there in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete