Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 2: The Plan

I want to give a shout out to everyone who contacted me last week.  Peter, and Kevin, and Jules, thanks for the leads!   I'm excited to follow up with you!  To Caits, I have no words - Thank you. Lindsay - you rock.  If the Dollar remains weak, and the Philippine Peso strengthens, save me a plasma donation chair next to yours will you? Joey, Jazz, Jess, Becky Alex, Brant, Sarah (K and B), Jonathan, Lindsey, Kirsten, and Rudy (long time, my friend) Thanks for your comments and support!  Finally, Alan - I envy you.

OK - On to Week II:  How is this going to work?



Cari and I did an exercise to brainstorm all of theways we could think of for me to generate income.  They are:

Craigslist
Dancing Lessons
Acting Lessons
Violin Lessons
Balloon Animals
Social Media Consulting
Clowning
Voiceovers
Party Host

Other Jobs
Waitering
Valet
Tour Guide
Cab Driver
Bike Courier
Research Assistant
Airline (so I'd get flights for free)
PR Firm
Work for a member of congress (Student loan program)
Any other job that will pay my loans
Residential job (so no rent cost)
Actor on a cruise ship (no expenses)
Salmon Boat in Alaska ($25k/summer)
Sales Job for Commission
Start a Company (Punctuation Soups)
Work for Citibank
Work for Havey Productions
Find Infringements for Havey Productions
Help Cari's mom @ School
Personal Assistant/New Media Person
Ask people with $ for odd jobs, online or otherwise

Ask for Help
Loan Forgiveness
Wealthy People, Pay Loans
GW/Gov't Program Loan Forgiveness
Ask Citibank to forgive loans
Ask Citibank to trade consulting for loan forgiveness

Crazy Ideas
Write a Play and sell it
Sell sponsorships for brands like clothes hats signs etc
Make a reality TV show about getting out of debt
Make a website where people can pay off my loans for me
Beg for change on the street with a 'pay off my student loans' sign
Appeal to CitiBank

Grants
http://www.nationalservice.gov/about/programs/innovation_grantees_2010.asp

Competitions

Fellowships

Other income sources
Turn all coins into cash
Collect scrap and sell to junkyards
Sell Car
Sell Books

Save Money
Give up paying for alchohol
Spend less money


So I will action as many of those things as possible in the coming months.

As a last thought for this blog (and an extra video piece for those who made it to the bottom, there are a few things I've found on Craig's list that seem really cool.  Most recently there was a post for a host for a new TV show celebrating the American Worker.  They said they needed a host who was quick-witted, funny, great with people, and willing to do most anything.

I'm not totally sure if they'll consider me seriously, but I applied, and cut this demo reel for my on-camera experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment