Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 52: Anchorage

I realize I've posted a bunch on the crazy adventures we are having outside of Anchorage, but I haven't shared what life is like in the city.

I drive Cari to work most days, and sit at my desk in the house and work until its time to pick her up with the occasional break to make lunch, or run to a meeting.

We have an incredible community of friends already, most of whom are Cari's fellow clerks like Jacqueline and her boyfriend Marco, who we hosted for dinner and who led a singalong in our living room (particularly awesome night).

Caitlin Hedberg is here, too. She and I went to high school together (LakeWOOD!) and she has been incredibly generous in showing Cari and I around, sharing her friends, and including us in everything. (She and I are also working on starting a business as another strategy to make some extra cash - more on that later).

So the seasons have changed from Fall, with its lovely leaves, bike rides and hiking, to snowy winter with its skiing and snowshoeing. As I write it is snowing hard with no sign of stopping. The walk we shoveled yesterday, now has about 4 more inches of snow. The days are getting so short that it is dark when I drop Cari off and when I pick her up. And Caitlin says we ain't seen nothin' yet.



In financial news, I had three potential new clients emerge last week, one of which already has me doing things, one of which may not come through :( and one I am still waiting to hear from. I made $1290 this week, $710 short of the goal. I'm getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment